Those of you attending the PASS Summit in Seattle this week have a HUGE opportunity to influence the Microsoft products and services you use daily. Microsoft is encouraging you to attend any of these relevant focus groups to meet face-to-face with the product groups, share your feedback, ask questions, and weigh in on the technologies you use every day! All focus groups are taking place in WSCC Room 201.
- SQL Server 2019 Big Data Clusters – Wednesday, November 7, 6-7 PM
- Always Encrypted with Secure Enclaves – Thursday, November 8, 6-7 PM
- SQL Scalability and Performance – Thursday, November 8, 7-8 PM
- SQL Security and Metadata – Friday, November 9, 9:30-10:30 AM
- SQL Server on Linux and Containers – Friday, November 9, 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
These sessions are open to all PASS Summit attendees, but they particularly want to hear from engaged, informed, and enthusiastic customers. However, if you’re not yet familiar with these topics, each focus group is scheduled right after the relevant sessions are delivered at the conference, so you have the option to “study up” if you want to come participate!
Also, the MSSQL Content team will host 3 focus groups as well. Please help them help you by providing input to the SQL Server documentation and content—both for SQL Server and for Azure SQL Database (as well as other Microsoft database products):
- SQL Documentation: Help us organize the content and identify gaps to fill in – Wednesday, November 7, 3:15-4:15 PM
- Azure SQL Database Content Scenarios: What solutions or scenarios to use Azure SQL DB – Wednesday, November 7, 4:45-5:45 PM
- Azure SQL Database Content Scenarios: What solutions or scenarios to use Azure SQL DB (repeat) – Thursday, November 8, 10:15-11:15 AM
Just to be clear, these and all other focus groups will be in Room 201 in the conference center. There will be signage on site, and many speakers will be calling these out in their sessions, too.
Come see me while you're at the PASS Summit! I'll be in the Exhibit Hall at the SentryOne booth during open Exhibit Hall hours. In addition, I will be at the SentryOne pre-conference workshop and presenting three sessions:
- SentryOne Data Day, Pre-Conference Session (Full Day), Tuesday, November 6, 8:30 AM, Room 3AB
- Introduction to PASS Summit 2018, Marketing Community Session (45 minutes), Wednesday, November 7, 12:30 PM, Room 612
- Query Tuning Internals for the Advanced SQL Developer, Half-Day Session (2.5 hours), Thursday, November 8, 1:30 PM, Room 606
- Staying Involved with PASS, Marketing Community Session (45 minutes), Friday, November 9, 1 PM, Room 612
I hope to see you there!