Many of you may already be aware of SQL Sentry’s old Help Center, which allowed you to access various online resources, submit support requests, and ask for new features. This worked well, but we were aware that much more could be done to make your support experience better. So, along with The Evolution of the Company and the Platform, comes the evolution of the Help Center!
There are a couple of different ways to get to the Help Center:
- Go to the SentryOne website -> Support -> click on “Go to Help Center” under the Help Center heading.
- Navigate directly by visiting www.support.sentryone.com (add this to your bookmarks or favorites).
Most of the content in the Help Center is available to you without having to sign in. However, there are some advantages to creating an account if you don't already have one:
- View the Feature Requests & Product Feedback content
- View/Edit your profile
- Create new posts
- Access all content you’ve submitted to SentryOne support (tickets, questions, answers, comments, feature requests, etc.)
If you don’t already have an account, simply select the Sign up link as shown below (if you've contacted us before, you're already registered. Though you may not yet have a password):
Once you’ve created your account and logged in, you can access your profile by clicking on your username on the top right-hand corner.
The ‘My activities’ and ‘My profile’ sections will give you can overview of your account, as well as an ‘Activity overview’ which provides a breakdown of your latest submitted articles, comments, posts, and tickets.
Help Center’s home page is fairly straightforward. From here you’ll be able to:
- Submit a support request (you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Search all of the content hosted in the Help Center, including Knowledge Base articles, Questions & Answers Forum, and Feature Requests
- Access your license(s) and the latest build and change lists via the Customer Portal (header link)
- Access all available technical resources like documentation, overhead analysis, and white papers (header link)
- Access SentryOne team blogs (header link)
- Read all Knowledge Base content, separated by topic
- See recently submitted content in the Community section
This section – separated by categories – contains articles published by members of the SentryOne support team. Many of you will be familiar with the articles here as they were previously hosted on answers.sqlsentry.com (this site will be retired at the end of December 2016). Our goal is to continually update this section with information that will help you get the most out of the tool. Feel free to browse the articles and leave comments. And if you have suggestions for new topics, please let us know.
The Community section is designed to host all user related information; from Q&A to feature requests and product feedback. From the home page, you’ll be able to see the latest activity on the right-hand side. To browse the topics or to ask questions and leave feedback, simply select the ‘View all/Submit’ link.
The community section is moderated and reviewed on a daily basis by the SentryOne support and management teams. To submit a question to the support team or leave a feature request for the product team, select the ‘View all/Submit’ link next to the Community header on the Home page. Once you’re in the Community section of the Help Center, select the + New post button and provide the relevant details (please note that you’ll need to be logged in to submit a post).
Our goal is to continue updating the Help Center with the lastest and most helpful content to help you get the most out of SentryOne. However, if you have questions, or ideas on how to make SentryOne better, please hit + New Post button and tell us about it!